Friday, June 14, 2013

30 is the new 20 right?

I hear that saying all the time. I wonder who came up with it and why... Maybe because at 30 you feel like more of an adult? Maybe because we are more stable financially at 30? Maybe because you mature more at 30? I don't know... But what I do know is that, I made it.... all the way to 30 that is, ok well officially tomorrow on June 15th, but what's one day right?!

Fortunately for me, the hubby's company opened up a new office and decided to bring the whole family up to NYC area for the weekend... It just happens to coincide with my 30th birthday weekend. :) No complaints here! This will be a much more fun way to spend the weekend than at cheer class for the munchkin and hanging out at home. Hoping to have a very memorable weekend!

So of course I had to make a shirt to wear, because if it were up to some folks I know it would have been one of those shirts that said something like "Over the Hill" of "Dirty 30" or something else that just isn't quite my personality.

Although I didn't want one of those shirts I thought this one was pretty awesome:

I have no idea what it says, but I am telling myself that it says something along the lines of "Yes I am 30" "Yes I am awesome", "Yes I still look good at 30", "Yes you wish you looked this good at 30"... I don't know things like that. :) 

So I wanted something that was ME. I am going to go with Nailed It!!!

Here is what I came up with using the same bleach method from the other day:
Untitled

Here it is up close after I added some bling... It is hard to see because I didn't add a ton, but it had to have bling... I mean... I am a self professed bling gal!
Untitled

So if you are in NYC Saturday and happen to see me out of the million or so people I imagine walk around there on a daily basis... wish me a Happy Birthday and tell me where we should go visit and what we should be seeing...

On the agenda is a possible show, Carriage Ride, Central Park, the Eloise Store in the Plaza, a Harbor Tour around Liberty Island, and of course Time Square Stores... :) Just going to wing it and live in the moment! We should have a blast and I can't wait!!! I will share when I get back sometime next week!

Feel free to leave me some bloggy comment love! I <3 it="" p="">
Hugs~
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are Sew Stinkin' Cute!