Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Dyed and Speckeled Shirts

So I saw this idea over at Free People Blog and fell in LOVE with this t-shirt idea:

I mean, I love PINK and it looked simple enough to do. If you have enough patience. End result, they weren't as bright at I wanted the have the speckles, but maybe I just needed to put more than I did on. Also the hubby and I decided hearts would be cute. Problem during the process? My shirt got flipped and I had to speckle the whole thing. Would I do it again? eh, maybe but not in my kitchen. At least my fingers barely turned pink. Gloves.. who needs em.

Here are both my shirt and Laci's shirt:
Untitled

My shirt
Untitled

Laci's shirt... never mind the fact she already got permanent markes on it with pitted red cherry juice.
Untitled

I think I would prefer to try the dark shirt with bleach technique before tackling this one again.

Eh. Cheep afternoon activity was semi successful and not a total fail. I will take that as a good sign.

TTFN~
Julie

1 comment:

  1. Love the shirt. I am now following you on GFC. I would love for you to visit, follow back and maybe even link up on my Monday linky party.
    Thanks
    Marcie @ www.IGottaTryThat.com

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are Sew Stinkin' Cute!