Monday, April 4, 2011

Homemade Cookies for the Sweet Peas

Ok, so Saturday Laci had her first Sweet Pea blastball game. Pictures of the game to follow at a later date. It was so stinkin' adorable! The girls were so prepared and you could tell that they had been practicing.

Each girl was assigned a week to bring snacks, and the first game was ours. Now being the crafty mom I am I couldn't just take a store bought snack. It just wouldn't do. I had REALLY been wanting to try out making my own cookies and doing royal icing on top for decorations. I have to say I have a long way to go to get good at it, but what lacked in unrefined talent on decorating the taste made up the difference and then some.

I got more semi snide comments about my ability, but then also got a lot of credit for it as well. It turned out great! I really like being the mom who can make the event special for the kids. There are moments that sometimes I think I should just stop and be the normal mom who would just buy store bought stuff, but that isn't me and I just can't bring myself to do it. Do any of you ever feel this way?

Anyways, here they are (pictures taken with my phone and they were devoured before we got good pictures with the good camera - OOPS), what do you think?

photo2

photo

What recipe did I follow and what directions did I use? Glad you are interested... I found this AWESOME blog called Glorious Treats
it is nothing short of amazing. If you do some poking around the site you can find many amazing ideas! The sugar cookie recipe is here and the royal icing recipe is here. This site is amazing and inspiring! Go take a look because it sure did inspire me!

Have a great Monday, and if anyone makes any cookies I would like to see pictures!

TTFN~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are Sew Stinkin' Cute!